With its 65 years' experience...
You can rely on Steiner Werkzeugmaschinen AG
Steiner Werkzeugmaschinen is proud to look back on a company history which extends over a full 65 years.
It all began in 1945 when Jean Steiner founded the company Jean Steiner Autoelektro. At that time the company was based in the small town of Suhr in the Swiss Canton of Aargau. The business quickly blossomed and one year later the size of the business premises had to be increased. By 1948 the company had already started to trade in machine tools with the high point being reached in 1950 when it took over as the general agency for Myford. The English machine manufacturer is specialised in the manufacture of benchtop lathes and circular grinding machines. Cooperation with Myford still continues today. In 1962 company founder, Jean Steiner, died unexpectedly at the young age of 53 and the company carried on under the leadership of long-term employee Roger Hess.
As trading in machine tools continued to take the upper hand, the auto electrics activities were discontinued and the company was renamed Jean Steiner Werkzeugmaschinen. After a long period abroad, son Gottlieb Steiner took over leadership of the company in 1979. In 1980 the public limited company Steiner Werkzeugmaschinen AG was founded out of the individual enterprise and still bears the same name. Technology was advancing rapidly which meant that the company developed increasingly from a trading business into a universal provider of standard and customised machine tools. In the mid-eighties, trade started in Asian and European CNC machine tools. The question of ongoing leadership was clarified early on when son Oliver Steiner joined the company in 1990. Six years later the company took over as general agency for the Taiwanese company, Topper/Tongtai CNC Machine Tools. This remains the most important general agency agreement. About 300 Topper/Tongtai machines are already in use in Switzerland and the number is constantly growing. Available space became ever scarcer and in 1999, the company was able to move into new premises complete with tastefully furnished showroom at Wynenmattenweg 1 in Gränichen (AG). By 2007 the company had again outgrown its premises and so moved into the building extension, which remains the site of the current business. Steiner Werkzeugmaschinen AG has always strived to remain at the forefront of technology and in 2008 in took over as exclusive distributor for 3D Systems (USA). 3D Systems is the inventor of Rapid Prototyping Technology and has a cutting-edge business alignment. The whole product range of 3D printers, stero-lithography through to laser sintering machines is available from one supplier.